Sunday, October 08, 2006

When Memes Attack

Once again Terra out of the goodness of her soul has tagged me, this is a more sinister meme though, on working and on death, seemingly unrelated topics? I think not.
A word of clarification, since I do not have any real workplace at the moment, I’ll consider my college lab as a workplace. I’ve already taken on the ATC lab so this time it’ll have to be the Recombinant DNA lab.

What is the best thing about my workplace?
100% pure alcohol. Compare it to; normal hard booze (~42%), wine (~9%) and VicksCough Syrup (9%) and you’ll get what I’m talking about.

What do I hate about my workplace?
It goes a bit like this;
*Crash*, the sound of a glass beaker smashing on the stone floor, my teacher sticks her head around trhe door.
“Kaaaartiiik”
“It wasn’t me maam, I was here in one corner, I’m not handling any glassware maam, I’m only working the centrifuge, it didn’t do it.”
“Did I say anything?”
“No maam.”
”Then why are you defending yourself?”
“I didn’t do it”
“Why do you talk so much”
“Yes maam, sorry maam”
“Who did it?”
“Not me maam”
“Did I say you did it?”
“No maam”
She walks off in mock anger
“Maam?”
“Yes what is it now”
“Is this a black thing?”
She throws a beaker at my head as I beat a hasty retreat.

What small irritants at my workplace really annoys me?
Sharing the weighing balance with people who tak an hour to measure out a gram of bacto-treptone and then leave a stick mess on the scale, which I inevitably get blamed for.

Describe the actions/quirks of the weirdest person I work with (can be a co-worker, employer, or a vendor if you are self employed):
A friend ‘S’ who felt the heat more than everyone else. He kept opening the windows in the lab. Since our lab was pretty high up, every time the window opened, a strong breeze blew through the lab and everyone’s flame (on their bunsen burners) would go crazy. Once the guy while sterilising a bottle with alcohol (see College Days), covered the whole thing with alcohol not just the neck of the bottle (as was required). When he flamed it, the bottle and his fingertips caught fire. Haha, very funny. He was a good friend though (just to clarify).
What is one thing that I would change at my workplace to make life a helluva lot better?
If they allowed smoking in the lab (not likely).

Pick five songs that I'd like played at my funeral......
Ideally when I die, I’d like the national anthem to be played as they take my body through the streets. Beautiful young girls would throw themselves at my dead body (since they refuse to throw themselves at my living body) weeping. The country would go into mourning at the loss of a national hero and a national holiday would be announced in my honour.
But I‘d happily settle for these five songs, played in this order of course.

1. Child in Time- Deep Purple
2. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
3. Paranoid – Black Sabbath
4. A Hazy Shade of Winter- Simon and Garfunkel
5. The End/ When the Music’s Over – The Doors

But it sucks to have to pick just five songs.
---
Now for the tags (I rub my hands with glee): Anamika, Ainz, Aunty, Confusion, Indian Lucifer, Jill and Nothingman, you are all tagged (in one fell swoop he tags them all, haha…HA).

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Son-of-a-gun !! Tagged I believe me iz !!

Confusion Say said...

Hmmm......I thinking for me it would be either

KD Lang's "Bird on a Wire"

or

Giant Drag's "Across the Universe"

Maire said...

I have complied!

Anamika Anyone said...

You just wait for my vendetta mister!!

Anonymous said...

Fear the Promethean curse I took the same meme. Those silly accidents keep happening in the lab all the time. I am lucky it has never happend with me, though.

Jill said...

I am horrible with Memes, but I will get to it soon!

Terra Shield said...

Thanks for playing! :)

Kartik said...

julia, the worst problem was that it was hardly ever me who broke something!

Pallav said...

Interesting...looks like i'll have to give the info of mydepartment !
fun ..
strange..ha!

Anonymous said...

i must say, men seem to have this amazing ability to talk shit most of the time! but urs, is interesting too!! haha..( its a compliment if dumb people read it.)

Kartik said...

aah aashrit, your elusive comment surfaces, thanks for taking out the time to leave a little shit on mah blog