Thursday, September 14, 2006

Illustrated Reminiscence

Here’s a pictorial run-through of some mildly significant events of this week.

FC Barcelona broke their tradition of sponsor-less jerseys when they revealed their new Unicef ‘sponsored’ jersey. However unlike other clubs that get paid for carrying their sponsors’ name (upto 22 million dollars I believe), Barcelona will pay Unicef 2-million for carrying their name.Good on you Barca!


This is the police ‘sketch’ of one of the Malegaon blast suspects.Ha aha ahaha. Allegedly drawn by a professional police sketch artist, it looks more like it was drawn by a 2 year old kid.I’m sorry but I don’t really think they’re ever going to catch anyone based on this fabulous sketch.Besides, the portrait is evil to such a degree, that it looks contrived to me. I seriously doubt there’s actually someone who looks like that. If some poor unfortunate soul however does bear any resemblance to it, you can see why he turned to terrorism. I would too if I had two disproportionate eyes like him.He looks like he’s just woken up doesn’t he.


A new species of bird, Liocichla bugunorum was discovered in the state of Arunachal Pradesh recently.Looks like any other bird to me, I could have sworn I saw something like it the other day outside my window or maybe that was a crow or a peacock, no definitely not a peacock, maybe a sparrow.


I don’t particularly enjoy making fun of myself but this is way too funny to keep hidden away on my computer.Muahaha (notice, my eyes are still somewhat proportionate).No comments on this picture please.

4 comments:

Confusion Say said...

LOL....Ok I won't comment. Great pictures by the way...weird I just posted some on my blog too ; )

Terra Shield said...

i have chosen to comment on the new bird species:

It's great news actually, in this world where species get extinct on a daily basis, a new species is found :)

Pallav said...

dude, its kind of scary but two pictures resemble from the four you have pasted...

strange

Jill said...

Thank you for posting a picture that I can use for my Bachelor of the Week series.