Thursday, September 21, 2006

Apology

My last post basically contained the dumb, judgmental, hateful and over-generalised point of view that I spend a lot of time criticizing. I let my personal frustration and anger get the better of me and made a dumb comment on an issue that should have been treated in a more delicate manner. I did realise it at the time, but in retrospect, i should never have put up that last post.
So to all who were offended and to to those who weren't. I'm sorry for that, won't happen again. I'm taking down the content of the post but am leaving the comments for anyone to read if they are interested.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kartik ! Thats a great response ! I wasn't looking for you to delete the post and you've really taken me by suprise. Its good to see such sensibility ! Thank you ! :-)

See, the problem is that Islam has no leadership. Not that a leadership is required anyway but this void leaves a lack of genuine representation. This void is filled with the likes of Osama and gang. Also those molanas and so called imams. Everyone is a bloody expert and take themselves to be a leader. They read two pages of the Quran and think its ok to comment on everything ! The whole community is too large ! It has to be almost a quater of the world's population ! And in such large numbers you can easily get atleast half the people to protest anything ! Some for fun, others by force and some might actually believe in the topic. Plus the media hype on everything realted to Islam and Muslims is so great that every other jackass wants his 15 mins of fame.

Like I said last time, its not even about the religion. This is something i've realised only recently.

Anyhow... thanks once again and i look forward to some more exchange of views between us. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ah... Yaseer my boy... have you not recognised me ?

Kartik said...

Ainz, it wasn't so much for you, rather, i realised that i'd gone against a lot of wht i believe in.
Your comments just woke me up.
Thanks for that

Yaseer, No bro nothing against your creed, only against you! :D

Jill said...

Darn, I didn't get to read it first.

Pallav said...

hey dude so you said something which was offensive to some people..So What?

big deal! it happens, so chill and keep writing your cool ideas and thories.

take care and thanks for taking the time out to read my stuff!:)