Monday, September 25, 2006

Going to the Movies

Och! I be tagged by Terra Shield.

1. The last movie you saw in a theater, and current-release movie you still want to see.
That would be Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Yes. It was a long time ago but watching movies in theaters is not really my favourite way to pass time.
2. The last movie you rented/purchased for home viewing.
Omkara, an Indian adaptation of Othello by Vishal Bharadwaj, despite all the hype, it wasn’t really such a great movie. The only saving grace was the script but we know who wrote that right?

3. A movie that made you laugh out loud.
The original Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellers, damn they were funny, Steve Martin, forget it you will never be that good. I want my ‘massage’. Ha!

4. A movie that made you cry.
Umm.. ok. Crash, the bit where the paranoid shopkeeper goes after the repair guy. I pretty much lost it when I thought that he’d shot the little girl.
5. A movie that was a darling of the critics, but you didn't think lived up to the hype.
Black. A daring experiment for Indian cinema, it received both critical and box-office success. In my opinion the movie was basically crap in giftwrapping.

6. A movie you thought was better than the critics.
Pitch Black – The prequel to Chronicals of Riddick. Yes I know it starred Vin Diesel but despite that, I love fantasy/ sci-fi flicks and this was really great. I don’t know how it fared with the critics but I don’t imagine they received it with open arms.

7. Favorite animated movie
The Simpsons, I know it isn’t a movie but I haven’t watched an animated movie in ages.

8. Favorite Disney Villain.
Like I said I haven’t watched an animated movie in ages so that pretty much means I have no idea about Disney villains.
9. Favorite movie musical.
Hehe. Indians have an unfair advantage here since all Indian movies are musicals. So that means that I have to chose my favourite Indain movie, which would probably be Sholay. An Indian- western, complete with guns, horses and steam locomotives.

10. Favorite movies of all time (up to five).
a) Robin Hood - Men in tights
b) American Beauty
c) Monsoon Wedding
d) Sholay
e) Taxidriver

In turn I tag.. hmm. Lets see, Yaseer, Confusion, Jill and Nothingman

6 comments:

Kshitij L said...

I think my eyes have stopped working, because for a moment there, I thought that in your top 5 movies,

RESERVOIR DOGS ISN'T THERE.

What up, man? Where's Reservoir Dogs in your top 5?

Confusion Say said...

I just saw the movie "the village" the other day...absolutely beautiful.

Pallav said...

hey dude thanks for tagging me...i don't know if i'll have enough people to tag!
and nice choice of movies!

Maire said...

"we're men, we're men, we're men in tights, tight tights."

Oh that's going to be in my head for the rest of the day.

Kartik said...

suspect, hmmm? where did that come from?

confusion, i never actually got around to watching the whole of thet movie, i hear good things about it though

nothingman, hey nice choice of movies yourself!

aunty, you forgot the 'we're manly men!'

Jill said...

I don't watch very many movies, but I will try!