Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Top Ten Lists


A quick list of my top tens, not in any particular order, just my ten favourites for this year, they are not necessarily things that happened this year. This list is based on how I felt about them this year.
Songs
1. Death of Love (Cradle of Filth – Godspeed on the Devils Thunder)
2. Asator (Amon Amarth – With Oden on our Side)
3. Machtkampf (Arch enemy – Doomsday Machine)
4. Set it Off (Audioslave – Audioslave)
5. Love to You (The Beatles - Revolver)
6. I’ve Just Seen A Face (The Beatles - Help)
7. Lai Lai Hei (Ensiferum – Iron)
8. Selling The Drama (Live – Awake)
9. Symphony of Destruction (Megadeth – Symphony of Destruction)
10. For My Lover (Tracy Chapman – Tracy Chapman)
Albums
1. Doomsday Machine (Arch Enemy)
2. Whatever People Say, That’s What I’m Not (Arctic Monkeys)
3. Help! (The Beatles)
4. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (The Beatles)
5. Victory Songs (Ensiferum)
6. United Abominations (Megadeth)
7. Dark Passion Play (Nightwish)
8. Master Of Puppets (Metallica)
9. Stadium Arcadium (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
10. Ten (Perl Jam)
Books
1. A Hundred Years of Solitude (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
2. For Whom The Bell Tolls (Ernest Hemmingway)
3. East of Eden (John Steinbeck)
4. Tortilla Flat (John Steinbeck)
5. Scoop (Evelyn Waugh)
6. The Song of Troy (Coleen McCullough)
7. Papillon (Henri Charriere)
8. Our Ancestors (Italo Calvino)
9. The Girl On the Boat (P.G. Wodehouse)
10. Adrian Mole The Cappuccino Years (Sue Townsend)
Brands
1. Puma (My favourite sneakers ever)
2. Budweiser (Guess)
3. Old Monk (Indian dark rum)
4. Hewlett Packard (My Laptop)
5. Bajaj (My Bike)
6. Ratnadeep (The Supermarket that’s opened right in front of my place)
7. Novartis (Guess again)
8. ITC (The Indian Tobacco Company)
9. Google (Who can live without it in one way or another?)
10. Spencers (Some really good, some godawful bread)
Stuff In General
1. Water (I’ve had all sorts of problems with this stuff this year, been through a lot to get some)
2. Broadband internet
3. Newly Laid Road
4. Love
5. Work
6. BitTorrent
7. Wikipedia
8. Food
9. My iPod
10. Electricity

9 comments:

See Bee said...

HAAAPY NEEW YEAAR!!

nice list - only i am not into metal so have not heard most of the songs - but ooh i love that song love to you and budweiser :)

interesting that water tops ur list but elec does not come second? hmmm

"so whatcha doing for new years ya?"
man i HATE that qn - why tf does everyone else wanna know???

may 2009 be a good yr for u maan - love, life, water and everything :)

Terra Shield said...

Nice list you've compiled there.

Anyway, here's wishing you a very positive 2009. Funny word verification: haqua (remove the h and you get aqua)

Kartik said...

@Trauma, McCartney and Anheuser Busch you cant beat 'em.

The list wasn't in any particular order

I know that question very well and I have a standard answer, (which by the way is true) I'm gonna be at home as boring as that sounds, alone with my firewater.
Here's to 2009, trauma, have a blast, cheers!

@Terra, so what you going to be doing to usher in the newyear? Lol!
haqua? Hmmmm. no helectricity? hehe
Have a fabulous new year and keep posting!
My wv is "spier" now i wonder what that could mean?
Peace out till next year!

Aj Mercy said...

Happy new year bro...

Uv got iteresting lists..

It waz nice that you put water in your lizt...

Aj...

indian lucifer said...

hey nice list dude...

you should chk out sputnikmusic.com

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/profile.php?name=yas666eer
(my list)

and why aren't you on facebook?

Princess Fiona said...

nice list..me loveeeeeeeeeeeee "for my lover" by tracey chapman..im impressed macha..not many ppl know abt that song!
have a fab year ahead...

Kartik said...

@AJ, thanks bro, a happy new year to you too.

@Luc, thanks and I am on facebook, just look for me name

@Princess, yeah I loooove that song. Tracey has a brillo voice. Have an absolutely killer year yourself

Anonymous said...

Talking of Brands.. It's sad to see "Durex" not making it to ur top ten list!

Kartik said...

@Anon, Durex, yes, ripped durex.. no way.