Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm Drunk

I'm drunk, no, I'm smashed, I don't know why I'm typing this into my browser, but I want to post,I have a crazy need to post. I'm hitting keys but not necessarily the ones I want to hit.
I'm depressed so I'm listening to Gwen Stefani but I'm thinking to myself this is all crap.
I'm going to switch to the Beatles now. For someone I love McCartney, anything he's sung, anything he's credited with. My best friend, my bosom buddy G likes Lennon stuff but because he died, I don't think that's a valid excuse. I think Lennon was hyped beyond his coke bottle frames were worth.
I started listening to the Beatles when I was a kid, my mom had a bunh of LP's, the Beatles, The Stones, Janis Joplin, The Seekers, Billy Joel, Joan Baez, Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick & Tich. I loved it, grew up to Help, Revolver and A Hard Days Night. Now I'm hooked.

Just remembered Dave Dee et al., got on to youtube and listened to 'Hold tight' a song I so loved when I was a kid, haven't heard it in maybe fifteen years, god that's a long time.

Talking about years,just turned twenty four, god it feels so fuck-all, I'm OLD, OLD so damn old and everyone I know (that's elder than me) telling me these are these best years of my life. The best years? I feel so cheated, no, hell no, not possible.
It can't get worse, me, an impotent Lochnivar, I'm dead so dead so drunk and now it's only eight, so long to go to tomorrow.

I'm going to hit publish post now, before I pass out, buh-by good-night

7 comments:

Maire said...

Hey, Happy Birthday. The best years of your life is totally subjective. You have the best years of your life during the best years of your life, and not a moment before, no matter what anyone says. High points for me were 23 and now 30 - I'm feeling very chipper these days!

Terra Shield said...

Happy (belated)Birthday, Kartik. I know what you mean about the so called best years of our lives... aunty's got it right though...

Anamika Anyone said...

Happy Birthday, Kartik!
Hope you didn't get a hangover..

Kartik said...

@All
Thanks a bunch guys!

See Bee said...

ayyo another drunk post- i noticed guy bloggers getting drunk n typing random nonsense seems to be the fad among you young 24 yr olds

tsk tsk

jokes apart - dont think soo much maaaaan. i thot i was old when i turned 19 - now i look back n realsie it was so silly. same stuff - u will always feel old once u cross 18 - but point is - u know deep down this is the 'prime'

tho i would advise you start using a good face cream cos the skin starts to sag, and dont forget to hit the gym every now and then (esp if u drink n have the tendency to get a beer belly) at 19 you could eat and drink all you want - but things change at 24 ;)

ok so I might have ruined your post-birthdayley feelings - but hey I;m a trauma queen r'nt i ;) ;)

btw i also think lennon is overrated - i like mccartney cos im more of a melody and voice person than a lyrics person.

Princess Fiona said...

if u think 24 is old...where do the 26 year olds go??? its smack down in the middle, where ur too old to hang out with the twenty somethings (read 21 - 24) and too young to hang out with the oldies (read 27+)!!!

i would kill to be 24 again!

Kartik said...

@Trauma, die die die.
Oh hell, hehe good fun.

@Princess, I only deal in the hyped ages, you know the ones that are considered landmarks, so I went from 13 straight to 16 then on to 18 to 21. I'm 21 till next year when I turn 25 and then it's a long drop to 30!